Friday, June 17, 2011

The Callback Queen

There's that point in everyone's life where they are at a low. Whether it be with work, relationships, school, etc. The life of a Musical Theatre major, as myself, is FILLED with lows. As my passion and schooling requires, I faithfully audition for show after show. I practice my song, I dress up, and I land a callback almost every time. Back in the day, callbacks used to excite the crap out of me!! I thought I was the bread and butter, and don't get me wrong, I still consider a callback to be a great honour. The problem with me, however, is that I never get quite further than the Callback. It sucks. Why? Because eventually I get excited for the musical, and secretly start to picture myself as the part-- I want it!! Then bam. No call. No role. No musical. I've learned to not let it get to me, because I know it the world of theatre that let down is a must. Hey, it's what makes us grow!! All I can do is keep on trying, and keep on perfecting my talent. And who knows, maybe someday I'll make it past the callback, Until then... Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment