The title of this post is a line from the beautifully and intricate show, Into The Woods, written by the extremely talented Stephen Sondheim. The reason that this line comes to mind today is because this particular line is said by Cinderella's step sister, Lucinda. What is important about that, you ask? Well, I will be playing Lucinda in an upcoming production of Into the Woods at Centerpoint Legacy Theatre, opening this next MONDAY!!!
The show is filled with twisting plots, and a quick paced score that sends the audience full blast into a fairytale world including characters from Cinderella, Jack and Bean Stock, Little Red Riding Hood, and many others. This magical show, however, is difficult. It is probably one of the most difficult shows i've ever been in. I know you may think that it's just musical theatre... how hard could it be.
These people have never attempted to perform in Into The Woods.
I am excited to have made this show after over 200 people auditioned. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be back on the stage, although I believe I may be taking a break following the run of the show. I'm sure i'll discuss this further in a later post.
Now if I could just remember that dang line... "WHO WILL BE THERE?!"
1. you look glamorous. 2. did you ever share why you're going to take a break from shows?
ReplyDelete