Friday, May 10, 2013

Marynn; The Sister I Finally Have

I always wanted a sister. It's so simple yet so complex because, well, life gave me a brother. Don't get me wrong, my brother is a wonderful and amazing person, but he lacked the sisterly qualities I longed for. I had dreams of sharing clothes, doing hair, talking about boys... all that cliche stuff.  But, again, I grew up with a boy. His idea of a good time was dead arms, pelting me with snowballs, and ohhh the endless teasing. Memories I wouldn't trade for anything.

I still wanted a sister. Maybe it wouldn't be all peaches and cream like my dreams made it out to be, but I would have a little more of my life complete. However, it's like I said, life gave me a brother.....

.....which actually turned out to work in my favor. You see, because life gave me a brother, in return, that brother gave me a sister. A sister-in-law to be exact. My brother, Spencer, found and married a beautiful, brilliant, and completely perfect sister for me. He gave me my sister-in-law, Marynn, and I can't thank him enough for that.

You may recall that I recently made contact with my half sister, Ashley. And although she is my true, blood related relative... She will never replace the spot that has forever been taken by Marynn; the sister I had always dreamed of.

Spencer and Mare have been married for 5 months now, and as time passes my dreams of my cliche sister have become more and more of a reality. I finally have that person to share clothes with (we both wear a size 8 shoe?! How perfect is that!) When we have down time, we discover new ways of braiding or talk hair tips to no end. And, last but not least, I have a 24/7 hotline for all the boy talk my heart could desire. The age gap between Marynn and myself is only about a year and a half so we are able to connect on many similar levels. Being the popular, bubbly, gorgeous girl she is, she definitely has her fair share of advice when it comes to the dating game and finding "the one." I am constantly impressed with how much she sincerely cares about what is going on with me.

Marynn, although related by marriage, has quickly become nothing less than a blood-sister to me. I am extremely blessed to have her in my life, and look forward to the several years to come. Want to know a secret? My future nieces and nephews are going to have the best mom ever. I couldn't of picked a better person to raise a family, and I look forward for that chapter of life to unfold someday. Until then, I will remain completely and perfectly satisfied for the sister I always dreamed of. Soon 5 months will turn into 5 years, and then 15 years, 'till before we know it we are old and grey. And I can only hope that 50 years from now we will still be the pals we are now. No no... we will still be the SISTERS we are now.

I love you, Mare. Thanks for quickly becoming such an important part of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment